
a new Toyota Tundra 4x4! Neither Aaron nor I have ever bought a brand new car but we couldn't pass on this great deal.
After we bought the truck Aaron had just enough time to take a quick nap before we headed out to a gathering of friends to celebrate his graduation with a chow down on some Mexican food. He sure was glad to see so many of his old friends from Houston. Plus it gave him a chance to show off his new wheels =)
The next morning, we loaded up my parent's suburban and drove my mom over the next 2 days to their lake house in Michigan. We had a nice drive up and as soon as we got into town we went in to get Aaron his hunting license. This whole trip had been planned around arriving in Michigan in time for opening day of hunting season! At the crack of dawn on Saturday, Aaron and my dad suited up in their camouflage and off they went to the cornfields of one of our friends up here. No luck the first day but this morning he got one...
And yes, that is his tongue sticking out - yuck! So as to give you a feel for how big this 3 point deer was, here it is hanging up in the pole barn out back of the lake house...
Aaron had some help from our fabulously rugged neighbor, Fred. A true Yooper as you can see! Aaron will definitely be sharing some of the venison with Fred after all his help today. The meat is being processed now and in a couple days we'll be having steaks and stew, yummm.
Aaron had some help from our fabulously rugged neighbor, Fred. A true Yooper as you can see! Aaron will definitely be sharing some of the venison with Fred after all his help today. The meat is being processed now and in a couple days we'll be having steaks and stew, yummm.If I've totally grossed you out by now, sorry. The pictures are a little unsettling to the non-hunter types.
On a brighter note, my mom and I were working inside the house today and watched the snow fall all day and we could actually see the lake starting to freeze over - very fascinating to watch! I think a good 5 feet from the coast line out is now frozen (at least on the surface). It's absolutely beautiful up here. Yesterday we had a woodpecker outside the kitchen window and then during breakfast, Aaron and I watched a bald eagle flirt with another eagle. The bald eagle would practically attack the other one in mid air - it was quite a site! I also saw my first black squirrel. Such a cute, fluffy fur ball of a thing.
That's about it in our dull lives. :)
Stay tuned for more on our adventures...


4 comments:
Nothing says manly man like buying a truck, killing a dear and then skinning it. What a guy week.
Captain moss. you don't know how sexy that sounds. Dude, I can't believe you just got back from France! Crazy. I will have to read your blog when I get off work. Sounds like an adventure. Oh, and the Tundra is NICE. I have a 2006 and Love it. I hear the newer model has much more torque etc.
Aaron, hope you will play your favorite music in your truck : "BioFuel, BioFuel....lalalal"
Enjoy
Pascal
That is SICK!!!
Post a Comment