Wednesday, January 7, 2009

back online

Okay, so I haven't really posted anything in quite some time but I'm back on the blog wagon. I look forward to staying in touch better as so many of you do on this world wide web we divulge so much of our personal information on.

It's been a pretty eventful couple of months for us since we moved back from France.
Aaron and I had a fabulous trip to Utah to spend the Christmas holidays with the Moss side. I have never loved being in "happy valley" as much as I did this last trip. No one reason in particular, just had a great time. I love all my in-laws (I so wish there was a better label for them) and was finally able to be with them for more than just a couple days at a time with months or years in between visits. We played in 16 inches of freshly fallen snow, ate lots of goodies, watched tons of movies and laughed till our sides hurt.

As for 2009, we're welcoming it with open arms. I don't think anyone is as excited for it's arrival as my Aaron Moss. Let me give a summation of his morning, afternoon, and evening bursts of enthusiasm, "Ali, aren't you excited? This year's going to be great! It's gonna be awesome, don't you think? I mean come on, we're the two luckiest people in the world." No kidding, that is his daily mantra. Isn't it great! ;)

Why all this jubilee you may ask? Aaron is a recent MBA graduate whose wife required him to take a 6 week vacation after returning from France so he could shop around for his next employment opportunity. Meanwhile, she bought him a brand spankin new 4x4 Tundra, provided a complete wardrobe make-over along with plenty of recreational activity, deer hunting and snow boarding included. Did I forget to mention I also got a nice little vehicle myself? Life has been good to us.
As of this month, Aaron is one year older and now a working man again. He is the new Special Projects Manager at Era Helicopters, an international helicopter operations company. Feel free to check them out online if you feel so inclined, www. erahelicopters.com. This particular job opportunity is one that Aaron has coveted for quite some time actually. Before he made the decision to go back to school for his MBA, he called Era to see what they thought about his current resume and then adding an MBA to it. He not only wanted to be sure that the MBA would be the correct path for his career ambitions, he really wanted Era to know about him and what he was going to do. Smart idea! They've been keeping in touch with him for months.

As if one new job wasn't great enough, I too had a bit of a surprise upon return to Houston. I was promoted to "partner" at my firm. While I had been working hard, the thought never crossed my mind that I had achieved many of the milestones over the last 7 years required for such a move up the ladder. I'm incredibly excited and looking forward to the next year and many more to come I hope.

So, now we are both hard at work and ready for the challenges that brings. Aaron's company is headquartered in Lake Charles, LA and mine is in Houston. We'll be sharing our time between the two cities in between our national and international travels, where ever our jobs take us.

Overwhelmed with gratitude, Aaron and I are so very humbled by the many blessings we enjoy as well as reaping the fruits of our labor. To share in our birthday fun, here's a pic from our family birthday party for Aaron. It's so great to be back with all our nieces and nephews!

3 comments:

Melissa Moss said...

Yeah! I love ya chica! I'll be stalking you now that I feel like I am back into the swing o' things! We hope you are doing well!

Stephanie said...

For someone who is back on the blog wagon it sure has been a while since your last post....

Ali M said...

Seriously! ;) Who am I kidding, my life just isn't as cool anymore so I don't have anything exciting to post...