Wednesday, September 17, 2008

How much wood coulda wood chuck chuck...?

As I drove into work today and had my first glimpse of Ike's aftermath, all I could think of is what are they going to do with all these trees? So many trees lost limbs or fell over completely while the buildings around them look relatively untouched. But then there are plenty of other buildings that wish they were standing as tall as their neighboring trees. I'll take pictures over the next couple of days and get them posted for you. The city is working so hard to get things up and running as quickly as possible and despite the ridiculous reports going on in the national media outlets, our mayor and other county officials are doing a GREAT job! So are my fellow Houstonians who are rolling up their sleeves to get things cleaned up rather than waiting for someone else to take care of it. Neighbors are getting to know each other better, families are outside playing together, everyone's bbq'ing and taking a break from our fast paced lives.

I love Texas! There's a spirit here, a camaraderie that's second to none. I know we'll be back on our feet in no time. You won't find Texans hanging out in hotels at the expense of taxpayers for yearssssss like some of our neighbors over there in La. (not to name names or anything ;) This city will soon look like new again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see you love LA as much as I do! ;o) How are you doing? Is Aaron still in France?