Yesterday I had a Ray Charles song stuck in my head. One day when I was at Starbucks I bought a Ray Charles CD that included several duets with other big name singers. One of my favorites from that album is a duet with Gladys Knight called "Heaven help us all". The chorus of that great blues song ran through my mind over and over like a broken record as I struggled through the day to make arrangements for my grandparents. Sometimes life gets to be a little overwhelming to manage well on our own so thankfully we can go to a higher, more supreme being to make up for what we can't conjure up on our own. I missed Aaron terribly yesterday as he is fabulous during difficult times at keeping the mood light and positive but with a little comic relief from my oh so adorable niece and nephew as well as support from my aunt & uncle, the day came to a close with a good solution to our problem.
Today we will drive back to Houston. I'm a bit anxious as I'm not sure how I will respond to what we will see when we arrive. My emotions have a funny way of surprising me in situations like these. What I do know is that we have been spared from a worst case scenario. Our homes are in tact, my father's business is in tact and operating, and most importantly everyone in my family is not only safe but doing well (all things considered). Friends and family have a way of pulling together during these times in ways that words can not describe. I am particularly grateful for the extended family that came in the Moss package I married. I tell you what, I got a bargain!
So Houston, ready or not... here we come! :-)
May
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment